Sunday, May 31, 2009

May Socks Done!

I finished my Rogue Roses socks. The pattern looked a little intimidating to me, but turned out to be reasonably easy. I mentioned before that the roses are done by knitting into the stitch 4 rows below. That was a lot of yarn to loop! Tension was the hardest part of this and definitely took some practice. I did 4 pattern repeats on the leg and 3 3/4 repeats on the foot. I had 38 grams (about 90 yds) of yarn leftover, so I could have easily made the legs longer if I wanted to. All in all though I think they came out quite nice. They still need a bath and blocking, but I'm waiting on an order from Woolgirl, so they'll get that probably later this week. Although I think these are very pretty, I'm not sure I love them. I'm going to set them aside for now and consider gifting them to someone special for Christmas.

Pattern: Rogue Roses by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Yarn: STR mediumweight colorway Gertude Skein
Size Medium
Needle: Addi Turbo size 1 (2.5mm)

1 comment:

  1. Those turned out great! I have to get back to mine now that Fraggles are done!