Friday, July 3, 2009

Thanks Mom & Dad!



My birthday was in May and my parents gave me a gift certificate to Blue Moon Fiber Arts which is one of my favorite places to buy yarn. Mostly I've bought their sock yarn in the past, but in the past 6 months I've been branching out and trying some of their other bases too. So far I love it all! Having just been to Sock Camp in April and stocking up a bit, I decided I would wait until the summer changeover of colors and get anything that was being retired that I loved and would miss.

The top picture is Woobu, a merino/bamboo blend. The colorway is Rose Quartz. This is still a current color, but I want to try to make the Luna Moth Shawl and I saw a beautiful sample of it knit up in Woobu in another color while at camp. So I added it in to my order.

The 2nd picture is all Socks That Rock. From top to bottom the colors are Watermelon Tourmaline (current color), Cobblestone County (retired), and Count Cluckula (retired).

I am now on a yarn diet! My goal is to not buy any more yarn until Stitches East in October. That's 16 weeks from now. Goodness, that's a big goal! But I'm really looking forward to getting away for a couple days with my friend Nancy and seeing, in person, some of the beautiful fibers I have seen on Ravelry that are not available locally. Wish me luck and stop laughing!

2 comments:

  1. That's my kind of birthday gift!! Such pretty choices!!

    Wow! 4 months?! You can do it!! Just think of all the pretties you'll see in October!

    (note: I couldn't do it....maybe allow just one itty bitty purchase at the 2 month mark to take the edge off!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great birthday gift! Lovely choices.

    ReplyDelete