Tuesday, August 18, 2009

July Club Kits

I'm a little behind in my posting! I can't believe that I haven't added my July kits yet, so here they are. The first one is the Rockin' Sock Club July Kit. The yarn color is called Garden Daze and the dyer notes really brought to life for me the thougths of garden vegetables. Can't you just see the peppers, tomatoes, zucchini and corn? I can.
But I also see my flower beds..........


I wasn't crazy with the pattern, called In Season, that came with the kit this month so I know that I won't be knitting it with this particular yarn. I love my Socks That Rock too much to knit the anklets that came in the kit. I'll probably do the pattern at another time with something else. And since this yarn reminds me so much of my flower gardens I think I'm going to reknit the March RSC pattern, Rogue Roses, with it.

This is the sticker that came in the kit. I love it :-) What I love even more about it is that I left it on the kitchen counter for a couple days and all of my boys thought it was hysterical. First they couldn't believe it was mine, and then they really couldn't believe it came with my yarn! The looks on their faces were priceless and the stuff that memories are made of.
I also got my July Woolgirl Oz Kit. As you can see this month's theme is Dorothy! I want to grow my hair long just so I can have those wonderful braids and wear ruby shoes for Halloween! Every time I open a box from Jen it's just like Christmas. The goodies are so much fun in her kits. There's 3 magnets, stickers, bookmark, a luggage tag, a pen, a fabulous Dorothy stitch marker by Wee Ones, as well as a pattern, yarn and a project bag. So much fun!
I haven't cast on yet, but I do have the yarn wound. It is Dashing Dachs and I chose the sport weight. I have to say I am very glad that I chose the sport weight because this particular yarns' recommended gauge is 8 stitches per inch on 2.5mm needles! Can you imagine what the fingering weight is?!? I'm looking forward to trying it!

I have been busy knitting too, but I'll save my project updates for another post. But I will tell you that I did let my bad case of startitis get the better of me and have cast on a couple new things as well as finishing up some stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment