Thursday, September 23, 2010

A great mail day!

I felt like a little kid today when the mailman came.  He brought me not 1, but 2 packages with yarn in them! 
Spoiler Alert: Woolgirl Oz Lollipop Guild Kit is below, so come back later if you're waiting for yours.


First let me show you my new Socks That Rock. One of the retiring colors has been on my wish list for a while, so I decided to place an order, and I got a new color too :-)

This is the new color True Blood Red.  It's a really rich deep red and this picture is pretty accurate.

This is the retiring color, Purple Rain.  It is a mix of all the different tones of purple, from almost blue to almost red.  I look at this skein and I picture all the bottles of dye on the table at sock camp, and I try to imagine which dyes were used and if any of these areas were swooshed together.  Anyone else do that too? 
So now that I have these two lovelies, I am reminded that there is a BMFA Coupon from Knitting Daily that I forgot about.  I really don't need more yarn, but ......  It's good until the end of the month, and there are more new colors coming....  Now we move on to the box from Woolgirl.
There's a really cute bag.  I realize looking at the picture that I goofed with the yarn placement.  Under the yarn is a drawstring, so this bag is a tote AND has a drawstring top!  Very clever.  There's also lollipop lip gloss and of course a lollipop.  Which I ate. Before I even finished taking pictures :-)
The yarn is Sunshine Yarns Classic Superwash Sock Yarn.  I've never heard of Sunshine yarns, but this is what I like about this club, which is the opportunity to try yarns I don't have available to me locally.  I'm not sure what to think about this particular yarn. It seems really thin and the tag recommends 6.5-7.5 stitches per inch.  Really?  I would have guessed 9-10 st/in.  It reminds me of Zen String Lotus Toes, which pleasantly surprised me when I knit it, so I'm hoping this will too.

These are always my favorite part of the Oz kits, the stitch marker!  Sweet isn't it?


1 comment:

  1. Love Sunshine yarns! She has great colorways. I've been trying to avoid TBR...I may still cave ;)

    ReplyDelete