It's four days before Christmas! Four! It's hard to believe it's nearly here. I think that I am ready. My shopping is done. I'm done my planned gift knitting and didn't allow myself to add anything else. My wrapping is nearly done except for the few things that are trickling in by UPS and USPS. I even did the bulk of my grocery shopping yesterday and placed orders at the bakery and butcher for my breads and roast to be picked up Friday morning. And my Christmas Cards are going out in the mail today. Woohoo! Now, what did I forget? I'm sure something.
This week's 10 on Tuesday is 10 Last Minute Gift Ideas. Hopefully I won't need any of them, but just in case, here they are.
1. Bake something. I can whip out a batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies in 30 minutes flat. Who doesn't love fresh from the oven cookies?
2. An I.O.U. for a special treat later. The boy next door and my DS2 have the same birthday. He loves my home-made Ice Cream Cake. I have been known to give him an IOU for a cake of his own to be redeemed at a later date, as long as he gives me 48 hours notice.
3. Movie Theater Gift Cards. I know I love going to the movies but seldom do. I make a point to go though when I have a gift card.
4. Gift Card to a favorite restaurant, or a new restaurant in the area.
5. Tickets to a local event. We have an AHL Hockey team nearby and their games are always fun to attend. Great hockey, great entertainment, and family friendly pricing. First Night is right around the corner too, and most of the celebrations around here require a ticket.
6. Mani or Pedi Gift Certificate. There's a shop or 3 in every mall nearby. Either is always a nice pampering treat. What holiday season is complete without "Picka colah honey" and "you pay now?"
7. Movie Night at Home bag. This is another favorite gift at my house. A new-release DVD, microwave popcorn, and a couple boxes of movie candy all in a gift bag.
8. Fingerless Mitts. Many patterns can be made in an evening or two.
9. Knit a Hat. Similar to fingerless mitts, if you pick the right pattern, you can whip one up in a couple evenings.
10. Alcohol. Given the recipient, a nice bottle of wine or a bottle of something seasonal. My husband loves Peppermint Schnapps. Just a simple shot on ice or a bit added to his hot chocolate. Mmmm.
Are you ready for Christmas? What last minute gifts do you like to give?