Monday, August 22, 2011

My New BFF

This was a project that just seemed to flow off my needles!  I started these socks while I was at Sock Summit because I wanted a simple project to carry around that I could work on anywhere without having to reference a chart.  This pattern is essentially a ribbed sock with every other rib being a 2x2 cable.
The genius of a Cookie A pattern though is that she has figured out how to deal with issues such as "Cable Suckage".  This sock started with 64 stitches in a 2x2 rib.  Then there was a set-up row where there was some increasing, and the placement of the new stitches is such that they are hidden behind the first cable cross.
Those same stitches were decreased very cleverly at the top of the heel flap and the beginning of the toe so that I was working with my usual 32 stitches again.
The end result is a very comfortable well fitting sock!  Now that I have these nice cabled socks completed in a colorway that reminds me of fall, I feel ready for the kids to go back to school!

Pattern:  BFF by Cookie A
Yarn: Hazel Knits Artisan Sock
Color: She Sells Seashells
Needle: 2.5mm
Mods: None!

1 comment:

  1. Love those!! So much so, I just finally ordered the book! ;)

    ReplyDelete