10 Fall/Winter Knits
It is good to get back to Ten on Tuesday! I have really missed it, but couldn't' quite seem to get my act together over the summer to participate. Thank you Carole for keeping this going. You truly do a great job coming up with new ideas! I don't know about all of you but I am glad to have the kids back to school so I can get back on a dependable schedule!
This week's topic is 10 Things I'd Like to Knit this Fall/Winter. Um.... only 10? This is the hard part for me. I made a quick list of the things that quickly came to mind and it is way more than 10. I took out the projects for the Knit-a-Longs and Clubs that I regularly participate in and I was able to get the list down to 10. Here they are:
1. Washington Square - I bought the yarn for this at Sock Summit with Birthday Money from my wonderful MIL. I swatched this weekend and am ready to cast on!
2. Vodka Gimlet - This is a new release by Baby Cocktails and I looove it! I have a sweater's quantity of Cascade 220 in the stash that I bought for something else, but I think I'm going to reallocate it to this project.
3. Dark & Stormy - This has been in my queue for a while. My LYS had a special on Madelinetosh this past July that I took advantage of. I ordered some Vintage in Composition Book Grey. It should arrive around Novemberish and will be a great late fall/early winter knit
4. Karren - The 2nd installment of the Sweater for all Seasons Club and I have the yarn for it already, Blue Moon Fiber Arts BFL Sport in Tanzanite.
5. Poet Society Tam - I'm making this with Malabrigo Rios. I have cast on, but that's about it.
6. Koolhass - I know, I'm late to the party because I haven't made this yet. Soon, very soon. This will make a great Christmas gift for one of the many men in my life :-)
7. Marrowstone Shawl - Super pretty and an interesting construction. I bought a gorgeous Merino/Tencel blend yarn from Knitted Wit at Sock Summit for this shawl.
8. Hazel Knits September/October Mystery Sock - I wasn't going to participate even though the designer is VeryBusyMonkey and I love her designs, but the 1st clue has been released and it is fabulous! I can't resist.
9. A Noble Cowl - Simple pattern and doesn't require much yarn, and I really like the motif.
10. Winter Wonder - I just can't decide if I want to do the small version or the infinity version. I may have to do both!
These are a few of the projects on my queue. What are you planning to knit this fall?