Monday, January 30, 2012

Welcome Baby Christopher!

My beautiful niece Marissa welcomed her second son on January 10th!  You know what that means.... Time for Auntie Dianne to make him something special :-)  I chose my favorite baby sweater pattern, Textured Fred by Louisa Harding.
I love this sweater for it's simple, classic design.  It has a simple textured pattern framed by some garter stitch edges.
I chose Rowan Pure Life Organic Cotton DK in medium indigo, which is a perfect color for a sweet baby boy.  It's not too pastel, and it's not too dark.  I only wish that this was a machine wash yarn, because what new mom has time to hand wash baby clothes, but I couldn't find a machine washable yarn that I liked, that would be a good substitute for the yarn the pattern called for.

Welcome to the world Christopher Richard!  When you wear this, know how much Auntie loves you :-)

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful sweater :) Lucky nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty sweater! Congratulations on the new addition to the family :-)

    ReplyDelete