Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

This weeks prompt is Ten Things I Can See From My Favorite Knitting Spot.  After reading some of the posts from people playing this week though I wonder if this should really be "I'll show you mine if you show me yours."  This is a fun topic and I have to say that I am just a little bit jealous of the people who have "Fiber Rooms!"  Some day my boys will all move out and I'l have a room of my own, but for now my favorite knitting spot is in the living room, which is my favorite room in the house.  I have My Chair, (seriously, that's what my family calls it) which is the best seat in the house if I do say so myself :-)

So here are some of the things I can see!

1. TV.  My DH and boys think it should be bigger.
2. Fireplace, and yes it is the type that operates by remote control.  I highly recommend it :-)
3. Entertainment Center.  It contain all my entertainment needs for while I'm knitting. Cable box, radio, satellite radio, DVD player, and CD player.
4. The Big Clock.
5. Basket of UFO's in project bags.
6. Quilted Wall Hanging in the hallway done by my MIL.
7. Trees.  This window faces the street and I strategically planted flowering trees and bushes outside this window.
8. Needlepoint Pieces complete by DH's grandmother along with her Gibson Girl photo circa 1914.
9. Cross Stitch and Counted Thread Work pieces done by me, which is my other crafting obsession.
10. The Lake.  Looking out my French Doors I can see the lake.  Sometimes it's serene, sometimes it's entertaining, but always it's a reminder of how lucky I am to be able to enjoy this, and most importantly with people I love.

Do you have a "Spot?"  Tell me about it.  I'd love to hear what's special about it to you!  If you'd like to play along you can join by visiting here.

4 comments:

  1. a lake??? Oh I'd love to have a lake view......it sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I (sort of) did this with a post about my room. It's where I live.
    Love those windows! You must get great light in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have a fiber room - but it is full of fiber and all kinds of junk that I couldn't sit in there to knit (or much else) if I wanted to! You have a beautiful view from your knitting spot. The lake must be so peaceful to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really...a lake! Awesome. Love all those windows!

    ReplyDelete