10 Favorite Side Dishes to Serve at a Family Dinner
For the first time in several years I am not hosting Easter Dinner, so the pressure is off for me! Yippee! I get to be a guest and bring a dessert. So I'll be making my favorite Carrot Cake this year, and that is probably it. But usually I'm nerved up trying to figure out what to serve with my main dish. It's Easter this weekend and my family thinks that the only choice is ham. Bleh. So, if I were hosting dinner, what would I be serving with the ham?
1. Baked Macaroni and Cheese. I like the recipe on the back of the Prince macaroni box. Simple and classic.
2. Scalloped Potatoes, because my husband asked for them.
3. Asparagus, probably steamed, although sometimes I season i with olive oil, salt, pepper, and a bit of garlic and grill it.
4. Deviled Eggs. Most people think of these as an appetizer, but I like to put them out on the buffet as well.
5. Glazed Carrots, because son #2 asked for them.
6. Salad, probably a tossed salad.
7. Cinnamon French Toast, especially fi I'm trying to have a "brunch" type meal.
9. Green Bean Casserole. We only have this for holiday dinners.
10. Twice Baked Potatoes. Sometimes I'll make these instead of mashed potatoes.
These are some of the dishes that I would probably serve for a family dinner. What do you serve?