Monday, August 27, 2012

August Pair #3

I've finished another pair of socks from my orphan sock collection.  This was the oldest single sock, started way back in 2009, so I'm glad to have it finished!
It's a simple textured pattern, and was very easy to memorize.  Add in a garter stitch short row heel and toe and it's a cute sock.
This was the Over the Rainbow kit from the Woolgirl Oz Club.  What I liked was that it was an opportunity to try a yarn that is new to me and I was also introduced to a designer, Lisa Dykstra, that I was not familiar with.  The pattern was well written and I would knit one of her patterns again. The yarn.... not so much.  There were a few places where 1 ply of the yarn was broken and/or frayed and that annoyed me.  This is also a much lighter fingering weight yarn than what I am typically drawn to.  I wonder how much I will actually wear these?  Who knows, I may surprise myself and decide that I love them after wearing them.

The Details:
Pattern: Over the Rainbow (fingering) by Lisa Dykstra
Yarn: Zen String Lotus Toes
Colorway: Over the Rainbow
Needles: 2.25mm
CO: July 10, 2009
BO: August 26, 2012

1 comment: