Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Ten on Tuesday


10 Ways to Beat the Winter Blahs

Are you tired of winter and need a little something to help pass the rest of the winter season?  Here are some of my ideas...

1. Buy some flowers.  They're always cheery and personally I don't do it very often so it's always a treat.
2. Paint a room.  You know that room in your house that you're tired of the color?  Change it.  For me it's the half bath.  It's small so it only takes a  day to do.  And then I can....
3. Buy some new hand towels in a fun color
4. Read a great book.  There are a couple ladies in my book group who always want a "rich epic tale that they can sink their teeth into" in January/February. It's a great time of year to get lost in a book!
5. Bake some fresh bread.  I did this Sunday, completely from scratch, for the first time.  It was delicious!  I can't wait to do it again!
6. Rent some Oscar nominated movies.  Oscar season comes and I always wish I had seen more of the movies that have been nominated.
7. Plan a Date Night.  Sometimes you just need to get out of the house.
8. Do something out side, other than shoveling.  Even if it's just going for a walk, the air is so fresh and crisp that it can be really refreshing.
9. Get a manicure. Does the thought of walking out of the salon in flip flops make you shiver?  Get a mani instead!
10. Wear your hand knits.  Or better yet, start a new project.  There's still plenty of time to make a new hat or mittens!

Now if you'll excuse me, there's some fresh snow outside.  As soon as the driveway is cleaned up I'm going to snowshoe on the lake with the dogs!

Visit Carole's blog to get some more ideas.  And please share your favorite way to beat the blahs!

4 comments:

  1. Baking bread is one of my favorites! The house smells so wonderful. It totally reminds me of winter time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I too baked bread from scratch on Sunday - great minds :-D I'm going to throw together a refrigerator cookie dough tonight and bake some cookies tomorrow night too.

    ReplyDelete