Sunday, November 10, 2013

I Should Bog That

Hello Dear Readers!  I can't quite believe that it's been more than 2 weeks since I last blogged.  I don't know what it is about this time of year that I always think that I will have more time available for leisure activities than I do, but…. I do.  Every year.  I'm sure it's the fact that vacations are over and the rest of my family is back to work and school which gives me several hours a day home alone.  What I always forget though is that these are not bonus hours added to my day. The house still needs to be cleaned, the laundry still needs to be done, errands need to be done, and life itself just plain continues on.

Anyway, I have been knitting, actually a fair bit.  But I've also had a wicked case of startitis.  There are so many things I want to knit, and I want to knit them all RIGHT NOW!!  I have too many active projects on the needles.  I really need to pare that down.  I have finished a few projects though.

This is Windschief by Stephen West.  I knit this in Madelinetosh Tosh Vintage in the color Fig.  This was an easy knit and quite quick really.  It's comfortable too!
 This is Habitat by Jared Flood.  I used Peace Fleece Worsted for this, the color is Father's Grey.  This was the first time I've used Peace Fleece and it was great.  I thought that it had a wonderful hearty and rustic feel to it.  It did have a fair bit of vegetation in it that was rough on my fingers from time to time.  I gave the hat a good long soak with some Eucalan when it was finished though, and it seems to have helped with that issue quite a bit.
 I also have to say, in terms of the pattern, that I think Jared Flood is a genius!  This hat is so richly cabled, but the crown decreases don't diminish them, or stunt them.  Somehow he always seems to figure out how to make it all flow together and still be gorgeous.

I finished these socks a few weeks ago and just kept forgetting to show them off.  I love the color of these socks!!!  The yarn is Miss Babs Cosmic Sock Yarn and the color is Inkwell.  This was the yarn and the Istanbul pattern from the August installment of Cookie A's Sock Club.  As you can see, the front of the sock is a beautiful lace pattern….
 and the back is a basic rib pattern.  These are so comfortable and fit so well!  I'm sure they'll get lots of wear this winter :-)
So those are the finished projects.  I'll try to log again in a couple days and show you all the projects I'm actively working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment