Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Podium

The Olympics have been over for a couple weeks now and the moderators of the Ravellenic Games have caught up on awarding badges for completed projects. I fell far short of my ridiculous goals, but I am pretty happy to have finished two projects and earned some badges!

My first set of badges are for my Team Plucky Project.


 These are for my completed Lazy Jacks Hat.  This is knit with a single skein of Primo Aran that I ordered for the November Plucky Fellas.  The color is Random Task, a color inspired by the movie Austin Powers, International Man of Mystery.
This was the first time I used Primo Aran and I loved it!  I would love to knit a sweater with it!

My next badge was for Team Spinning Yarns, although I don't think we ever officially registered as a team.
I finished the Make Mine Strawberry sweater for my niece.  She is a very busy 2 year old and getting her to stand still for a good picture is a bit of a challenge right now!  This is about as good as it gets!
It makes me laugh to look at how this fits her.  I had a moment of panic when I got to the sleeves that it was going to be too small.  Ummm, yeah.  I'm pretty sure it's still going to fit her through the summer and into the fall!

I almost forgot, the yarn is Pagewood Farm Denali 4 and the color is Violet Fusion.  It has an almost cotton feel to it so I'm hoping that it will have minimal pilling and will wear like iron.

The other project that got a lot attention during the Olympics is my Color Affection.  It's almost finished!  I only have 2 rows to go and the bind off!  I hope I'll be showing it to you later this week :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment