Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Ten on Tuesday

Ten on Tuesday


I love to read almost as much as I love to knit.  So when I saw that this week's Ten on Tuesday topic was the Last 10 Books You Read, I figured it was the perfect time to get back to blogging!  As coincidence would have it, I have read 10 books so far this year.  Here they are...

1. Blood Magick by Nora Roberts.  Completely predictable 3rd book of a trilogy, but I am a sucker for these.  Quick, easy read.
2. Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult. I enjoyed it more that I thought I would.
3. Until Tuesday: A Wounded Warrior and the Golden Retriever Who Saved Him by Luis Carlos Montalban.  One of the best books I've read this year!  It really touched me and brought about a increased appreciation for therapy animals and the humans they help.
4. Fall of Giants by Ken Follett.  I enjoyed it and especially enjoyed that it begins with WW1.
5. Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brount.  I was really kind of blah about this book.
6. Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline.  Loved it!  Beautiful story of a foster girl and an elderly women who was one of the children sent west on an orphan train.
7. Mightier Than the Sword by Jeffrey Archer.  This is book #5 in The Clifton Chronicles.  I bought this the day it came out and read it in 3 days.  I love this series!
8. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty.  Loved it!  I didn't guess correctly who died until it was revealed in the story.
9. The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd. This was a re-read for me and I have to say I enjoyed it every bit as much the 2nd time as I did the first time I read it.  I highly recommend it. Bonus, the author is speaking next month nearby and my book club is going.  Field Trip!
10. Calling Me Home by Julie Kibler.  This was a beautiful story of interracial love and friendship.  Although it was at times predictable, it was still an enjoyable read.

There are a lot of great recommendations from this week's Ten on Tuesday participants.  Hop on over to Carole's Blog to check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment