Ten on Tuesday
I love to read almost as much as I love to knit. So when I saw that this week's Ten on Tuesday topic was the Last 10 Books You Read, I figured it was the perfect time to get back to blogging! As coincidence would have it, I have read 10 books so far this year. Here they are...
1. Blood Magick by Nora Roberts. Completely predictable 3rd book of a trilogy, but I am a sucker for these. Quick, easy read.
2. Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult. I enjoyed it more that I thought I would.
3. Until Tuesday: A Wounded Warrior and the Golden Retriever Who Saved Him by Luis Carlos Montalban. One of the best books I've read this year! It really touched me and brought about a increased appreciation for therapy animals and the humans they help.
4. Fall of Giants by Ken Follett. I enjoyed it and especially enjoyed that it begins with WW1.
5. Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brount. I was really kind of blah about this book.
6. Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline. Loved it! Beautiful story of a foster girl and an elderly women who was one of the children sent west on an orphan train.
7. Mightier Than the Sword by Jeffrey Archer. This is book #5 in The Clifton Chronicles. I bought this the day it came out and read it in 3 days. I love this series!
8. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty. Loved it! I didn't guess correctly who died until it was revealed in the story.
9. The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd. This was a re-read for me and I have to say I enjoyed it every bit as much the 2nd time as I did the first time I read it. I highly recommend it. Bonus, the author is speaking next month nearby and my book club is going. Field Trip!
10. Calling Me Home by Julie Kibler. This was a beautiful story of interracial love and friendship. Although it was at times predictable, it was still an enjoyable read.
There are a lot of great recommendations from this week's Ten on Tuesday participants. Hop on over to Carole's Blog to check them out!