Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Summer of Socks Ends

The Summer of Socks 2009 officially came to an end September 1st at 10pm. I'm pretty pleased with what I got accomplished. I have 3 completed pairs of socks.......

Four single socks...............

And 3 more socks started. Two of these started socks are second socks, so I will have 2 more pairs completed before long.

I had set some goals at the beginning of the summer and I had mixed results. I had hoped to keep up with my sock clubs. Well, that was a fail, although I do have the yarn wound for the 2 that arrived at the end of July. I had wanted to start working my way through Cat Bordhi's New Pathways for Sock Knitters book. Well, I've looked at it several times, but that's it. I wanted to make a pair of socks from the toe up. Didn't happen, although I do have the Loopy Ewe Consolation Kit which is a toe up design by Wendy Johnson, and the September SKA Challenge is any pattern by Wendy Johnson. That will definitely be going on the needles sometime in September. I also wanted to try some sock yarns that were new for me. This I did have success with! I tried Claudia Handpainted, Zen String Lotus Toes, Pagewood Farms Yukon, and Hazel Knits Artisan Sock. That was fun and I will definitely keep trying new yarns this fall!

Now the question is.... do I keep knitting just socks for a while or is it time to give a shawl a try? Or pick up one of the sweaters that have been resting over the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment