Thursday, March 15, 2012

Little Flower

Finally a finished project!  I joined the Sock Knitters Anonymous Mystery KAL in January.  The designer was Carrie Sullivan aka Irishgirlieknits, who I love so much!  The theme for the month was Fauna and Flora.  I was not excited about the theme, but once it started, oh my!  There are so many great choices inspired by nature!  Who knew?  I could have knit socks for 6 months from this theme alone!  The pattern name is Blathnat, which means Little Flower in Gaelic.

The cuff started with a leaf motif that naturally worked a zigzag  edging.  Then there was a lacy flower,
that was supported by a stem on the heel flap.
The front of the sock has the same lacy flower and stem on the foot.
This was a fun pattern to do.  I used the Plucky Knitter Primo fingering in the Classics color way Hope is a Good Thing.  I chose this yarn because I know that Primo is one of Carrie's favorite sock yarns and blue is her favorite color.  It seemed like a perfect match!

I decided to give these socks to my mother for her birthday this week.  Believe me when I say it was HARD to part with them.  My mom loves them though and I'm sure she showed them off to her friends at swim therapy today :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment