Saturday, March 23, 2013

A Finishing Fest

It's been a few weeks since I last blogged, and I've been busy looking back at what's been on my needles. I've decided to finish a few things and to let go of a few things. So let me show you what I've finished!

This Tulips Sweater may be the cutest darn thing I've ever made! I made it for my sweet niece who turned 1 last month.  I did purchase a kit from Webs so that I didn't have to buy full skeins of 8 colors but I didn't like the color that they chose for the border.  I was able to get a skein of Cool Fire at Spinning Yarns to substitute and I loooove the end result :-)
The only thing that I didn't love about the kit was the pattern.  Honestly, I found it to be poorly written and I would not recommend it for a beginning knitter.  To be honest, I'm not sure if it's the original pattern that's included in the kit or if it was reformatted to fit on one page for the kits and "stuff" got left out.  But I did more ripping back and reworking on this sweater than I think you should have to.

Next, I had a request from my Bama Boy to make a hat for his friend Ashley.  Apparently she loves the hat I made for him for Christmas and was constantly "borrowing" it.  Her birthday is next weekend and they are going skiing in Colorado this week for Spring Break.  She was pretty excited when he received his care package this week and there was a hat in it for her.  Happy Birthday Ashley!
I needed a new pair of mittens this winter.  I had intended to make myself a few pairs this year, but my time got sucked up by the hockey hats.  When I finished those, the first thing I did was finish these Fallow Mittens that I had started for myself.  I used Madelinetosh Vintage in the color Norway Spruce.  I wasn't able to get a good picture of the color, they are more green than this picture shows.  I love them! They are by far the most comfortable and best fitting mittens I've made for myself.  The pattern also has instructions for making them as fingerless mitts too.
Last finished project is my Hamantaschen socks.  The pattern is from the October 2012 Cookie A Sock Club.  I started these in October with the Hazel Knits October Club yarn, Artisan Sock in Sandlewood.
I was glad to have a finished pair of socks.  I hadn't finished a pair in 10 weeks!  I signed up for the 26 Pair Plunge and this is pair #9.  The plunge ends June 30th. I don't think there's any way that I can finish another 17 pairs by then, but I do intend to keep going and see how many I do finish.  There's always next year too :-)

I hope you're enjoying some Spring weather.  We still have lots of snow in NH!  Warmer weather is on the way next week.  I'm looking forward to it and doing some spring cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment