The Breakfast Edition
This week Carole asked what our favorite breakfast foods are. I don't know about you, but I love breakfast foods! In my house though, we identify breakfast as "work/school day breakfast" and "family breakfast". Here are some of my favorites!
1. Bagel with cream cheese. Specifically, an everything bagel. Yum, yum, yum!
2. English Muffin with peanut butter.
3. French Toast. This is my absolute favorite breakfast. I generally like it simple with a little cinnamon and maple syrup.
4. Pancakes, a close runner up to the french toast.
5. Belgian Waffles, skip the fruit and add some chocolate chips!
6. Maple Squares. These are definitely a treat. I think that the best ones I've ever had are from Harvey's Bakery in Dover, NH. If you're ever in the area, you should treat yourself too.
7. Scrambled omelets. I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of this, but as a family of 5 who all love omelets, I came up with this as a time/sanity saver. Whatever you'd put in your omelet, just scramble it all together in the pan. Usually I start with some breakfast sausage in small chunks or scrambled, when that is browned I add in the eggs, and then just before the eggs are finished I add some cheese so that it melts and blends in.
8. Eggs Benedict. It's a must have on Father's Day :-)
9. Bacon, only it's not just for breakfast. Everything is better with bacon :-)
10. "Egglets" aka Egg McMuffins made at home. This is what my oldest son called this breakfast sandwich when he was little. Funny how some things stick, isn't it?
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's lists today. Maybe I'l find something new to try! You can hop over to Carole's blog and join the fun too!