Saturday, October 20, 2012

Dovetail Cowl

I think I may have found the perfect cowl!  It is Dovetail Cowl by Carina Spencer.  I made the large size so that it can be doubled up or worn long.
I love that it is a textured design that looks fabulous on both sides.  It looks super sexy modeled on my deck post, doesn't it? LOL
And a crappy iPhone photo with it being worn doubled.....
I used Malabrigo Rios in the color Azul Profundo. I find Rios to be such a wonderful yarn.  It's round, cushy and has wonderful stitch definition.  It's also a super wash yarn and has a great price point!

I"ll probably make this cowl again.  I'd like to make one in the small size.  There is also an option to make a rolled edge before the patterning begins.  The only thing I would do differently is that I would cast on with a larger needle, then switch immediately to the smaller needle on the first row.  If you look at the first picture you can see that one side, the CO side, is tighter that the other.  But that's it!  Wonderful pattern and I look forward to trying more by Carina Spencer!

No comments:

Post a Comment