Monday, October 1, 2012

Sprucey Haystacks

I finished another pair of socks yesterday afternoon. And then in the midst of a rainy, showery weekend  the rain paused, and the sun peeked out just long enough for me to run outside and take a couple quick pictures!

Pattern: Haystacks by Lisa Stichweh
Yarn: Hazel Knits Artisan in Blue Spruce
Needles: 2.25mm
Cast On: September 1, 2012
Bind Off: September 30, 2012
Mods: none

This is pair 6 for the 26 Pair Plunge for me.  Did I tell you that I decided to try this this year?  It's a big goal, but so far I'm keeping up with the challenge!

Also, one of my LYS, the Elegant Ewe, is now carrying HiyaHiya needles and I decided to try them.  This is the second pair of socks I've knit with them and I like them.  They have a nice cable, I'm a magic loop girl for socks, and a reasonable tip.  They're not as sharp as Knit Picks, but more so than AddiTurbo's.  They have a great price point and make a nice addition to my needle collection!

3 comments:

  1. Nice socks. Did you try the Hiya Hiya regular or the Hiya Hiya Sharps? The Sharps are currently my favorite sock needles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your socks! Also, reminds me that I have a sock left to knit. Week!
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete