Friday, November 13, 2015

FO Friday

Christmas is coming and I have already started my Christmas knitting! I've never started this early before so I'm hoping that I will get everything knit that I hope to for gifts this year. The Mall must be avoided at all costs!
This is a hat for my son.  I'm pretty confident that I'm safe sharing it here because I really don't think he reads my blog.  And if he does...... Well, he knows I bought this very special yarn and that it hasn't yet appeared as something wearable for him, so I think he'll be happy.  Worst case scenario is that he gets it early :-)

The yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Bulky and the color is Crimson Pride.  The yarn is special because this is a color that Lorna's Laces dyes exclusively for Serendipity Needleworks in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Tuscaloosa is the home of The University of Alabama and my son is a proud graduate and former member of the Crimson Tide Waterski Team.  I bought this yarn while in Tuscaloosa for his graduation in May 2014.  I was just waiting to stumble upon the right pattern for it.  This pattern is Man Hat.  It was an easy knit.  The hardest part was finding time to work on it while he was at work :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment