Monday, November 16, 2015

Weekending

As I was enjoying a cup of tea this morning, I started thinking about what I would write about today and realized that I completely forgot to post yesterday. Sometimes I think I am just a dingbat! Oh well, that can only mean that I was too busy having fun :-)

Saturday was a day of College Football. I love college ball and as I may have mentioned a few times, my boys have gone to spectacular football schools. This weekend's dilemma was that Alabama and Clemson were playing at the same time. Bama boy is living at home and wanted to watch the game live, so we did that and recorded the Clemson game to enjoy afterward. What the heck was going on with football this weekend?!? Mississippi State gave Bama a real run for the money, but in the end Alabama won the game. The score did not reflect how well MSU played.

I decided to start a new project to work on during the game. I cast on this cowl and 3:15pm and wove in the ends at 6pm!
This is the White Cloud Cowl and I used Malabrigo Rasta in Stitch Red.  It used the entire skein with literally inches left over.  It's a perfect quick knit and I'm going to keep this in my back pocket for when I need a quick gift idea!
The Clemson game was even more crazy than the Alabama game!  There was a lot of back and forth and lots of scoring on both sides.  I made a lot of progress on my Wenceslas sweater during that game but I haven't taken any pictures of my progress recently.

Sunday I got together with the Boston Custom Fit Knitters group.  They are a fun group of ladies and I really enjoy their company.  I sat next to Rachel who is a speedy knitter.  There was some teasing that we couldn't believe she wasn't ready to bind that sweater off yet.  After all, she had already separated the sleeves before she got there.  And then the comment was made, the one that will have me giggling for days.
"You could bind that off now.  Everybody need a worsted weight tube top."  That just struck me as so funny.  Can't you picture it?  Maybe it's time for tube tops to make a comeback! :-)

Then I finished off the weekend with dinner at my in-laws watching the Patriots game.  What an exciting ending to that game!  I admit that even though I am happy the Pats won, I felt a little bad for Eli Manning.  He truly played a great game.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go do errands, and stop by Dunkin Donuts for my free coffee.  Thank you Patriots!

No comments:

Post a Comment