Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Ten on Tuesday

I love to read almost as much as I love to knit.  What is it though about a book that makes you want to read it? What is it the magic hook that pulls you in?

This week Carole has asked us to come up with 10 Sentences that Would Be a Great First Line of a Book. It's not as easy as it sounds!  But here are my attempts.

1. Some people say that love is the thing that can transform anyone into a better person, only I know that isn't true.
2.  As I stood taking in the carnage around the room, darkness seemed to creep it's way into every corner.
3.  I know what I'm seeing is true, but I have no idea how I became a part of it.
4.  Today is my birthday.
5. I'm lying awake in bed as the sounds of a happy family beginning their day waft up the stairs of my house.  There's only one problem though, I don't have a family.
6. Memories are the songs that play forever in your mind.
7. I thought my life had no meaning to it, that I was just one of those people who would never experience something extraordinary.
8. Sunshine streamed in through the window in a way that should have brought warmth to the room.
9.  I was seven the day of the big fire that changed this town forever.
10.  I know it only takes an instant to change your life forever, because that's all it took to change mine.

I'm feeling a little dramatic, but it was fun to come up with these.  Click on Carole's link above and see who else is participating this week.  I'm betting there are some really great ideas this week!

4 comments:

  1. You've come up with quite a creative list! I especially like #1 and would love to hear the rest of that story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started jotting down my favorites, but then I realized, I had jotted down ALL of them! These are really good!!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete