10 Favorite Smells
I love this idea! Scents are part of our everyday life and we take them for granted. But there are scents that make you smile, make you cringe, and ones that just make you think of home. Here are some of my favorites!
2. Fresh Cut Christmas Tree. I love how it fills the home.
3. Spring. I'm not sure how to describe it, other than it's the warm moist smell in the air when you know the trees and flowers are preparing for a new season.
4. The Ocean. I don't know why I love this one. Maybe it's a remnant of my childhood when a day at the beach was a huge treat, and I knew we were almost there as soon as I could smell the salty air.
5. Chocolate Chip Cookies fresh from the oven. Rainy day, snowy day, test day, crappy day, happy day.... a warm cookie is always just the right comfort.
6. Cinnamon Rolls. In this house they mean Sunday morning big family breakfast :-)
7. A new Baby. I wish I could bottle that scent and pull it out when I'm missing my boys.
8. Puppy Breath. It's like new baby smell. I have to say I thought it was just me until I got a puppy 2 years ago and took her to the vet for her 1st check up. I can't tell you how many of the vet techs hugged and snuggled her with coos of "Oooo, Puppy Breath!"
9. Garlic being sauteed. It usually means there's a GREAT meal being prepared.
10. Fresh Baked Bread, it just makes me think of Home :-)
So those are some of my favorites. What are yours? If you'd like to play along each week, visit Carole here and sign up!