Thursday, March 24, 2011

Prince Monkey

I have a finished pair of socks to show you!  This is the February pattern for the Knit Sock Love KAL that I'm participating in.  They've been finished for about 10 days, but with my boys all home last week for Spring Break I didn't get a chance to blog them.  I was far too busy making all their favorite treats and meals and keeping up with dishes and laundry!  Anyway, back to the socks......  We were allowed to modify the ribbing, heel and toe this month.  You can see in this photo (click to enlarge) that I did substitute a slip stitch heel.  I prefer they way they look and I think they last longer.
I also did a picot edge cuff.  They're so sweet and I love the way it looks with this pattern.
No mods to the toe, but who doesn't love a toe pic.  I love the way the striping changes as the stitch count changes too.
Here are the details:
Pattern: Monkey by Cookie A
Yarn: Socks That Rock Lightweight
Color: Purple Rain (I hear Prince's song in my mind every time I say this)
Needles: 2.5mm magic looped
CO: February 23
Finished: March 13

The pattern for March is Thelonious, which I actually test knit.  I'm going to substitute Ripple Leaf for March.  I better cast on pretty soon, the end of the month is approaching quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment