Wednesday, March 30, 2011

WIP Wednesday

I've had a relapse of Startitis.  I thought I was over it and I even got a couple projects finished up.  Maybe that's what brought this relapse on.  I'm not a monogamous knitter and I was getting a little nervous at the thought of only one project getting serious attention.

I finished the body of my sweater and started the first sleeve.  I had to do a little thinking  on this one because the directions for the marker placement and movement were not quite lining up for me.  I figured it out though and now it's working great for me.  I shared what I did with the KAL group on Ravelry and another knitter commented that she had the same problem and ended up working it the same way I am.
Now for the new projects......  I was going to skip the Mystery Sock KAL in the SKA group this month, but the pattern is so very pretty that I ended up casting on Monday night.  I've heard over and over how quick this pattern knits up and that seems to be true. The yarn is Hazel Knits Artisan sock, the color is Coleus which was a club color from October 2010.

I bought some Malabrigo Rios this winter in Ravelry Red for a Miller's Hat for myself.  This red is an exact match to the winter jacket I got for Christmas.  This picture is a little overexposed and the color is a little darker/richer in real life.  I cast this on while watching the race Sunday with my husband.  We're supposed to get a snow storm Friday so I think I might put a big push on this tonight and Thursday in hopes that it will be ready to wear in the snow Friday.
This is what's on my needles this week.  Tell me what you're working on!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty projects! For me...potholders!! On #4...almost done ;)

    ReplyDelete