Wednesday, April 3, 2013

WiP Wednesday


Welcome April!  It's a new month, a new season, and I think the perfect time to renew some activities that I once enjoyed.  That includes blogging more regularly because, honestly, I have missed keeping up with the blog.  The knitting isn't always exciting, but it's nice to keep track of my progress.  I plan to include more fun stuff too.

Starting with knitting, I have 2 projects that are getting my attention right now.  The first is Irish Coffee.  I've loved this sweater ever since the pattern was released and have had it in my queue for 2 years.  I decided to use some Madelinetosh Vintage that was in my stash for it.  I think it will be a great spring/fall sweater.  I'm going to modify it by making a shorter version and I may make the sleeves longer too.
I'm also working Ernie which is one of the patterns form Cookie A's February Sock Club.  I'm using the club yarn for it, which is Indigodragonfly MCN Sock.  Let me tell you, this stuff is fabulous!  It's so soft and round, but not too fluffy so it's holding up the stitch pattern beautifully.  I'm definitely keeping these babies for myself and will be tucking them away for fall :-)
The April club is shipping on Saturday, so I better get a move on with these!  I'm trying desperately to keep up with my clubs this year!  2012 was a train wreck for that.  Here's hoping 2013 is better!

We still have some snow in NH and it's been below average for temperatures too.  This is the week that we usually have "ice out" on my lake.  I don't think we're anywhere near that though this year. This is what the lake looks like from my yard as of noon today.
I'm going to guess that ice out will be April 13th.  I'll keep you posted!


2 comments:

  1. Your Irish Coffee is going to be awesome in that colorway! I've been itching to knit mine now that I see yours...sigh..must finish the other sweaters first ;) Nice sock too! Where has my sock mojo gone??? Still ice, wow, does it usually stay this late?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to pick up or frog my Ernie.. Maybe I'll frog when the April package is here.

    ReplyDelete