Thursday, June 6, 2013

Irish Coffee

I finished my Irish Coffee sweater just as the heat wave set in last weekend.  I really enjoyed knitting this sweater.  The yarn, Madelinetosh Vintage in the color Mourning Dove, is a dream to work with and the stitch definition is great too.

This sweater has some nice features.  It's knit from the top down so I was able to try it on as I went to make sure the fit was what I wanted.  I like the V notch at the neck line.  It feels like it opens the neckline a bit.

I moved the waist decreases up so that the narrowest part actually falls at my waist.  One of the curses of being "petite" is that everything needs to be altered.  I also added more increases for the hips so that it fits the way I wanted it to fit.


I also love the way the cables flow into the ribbing.  This cable is on the back as well as the front

So here it is completely finished being modeled by my lovely dining room chair.  This picture is also the best representation of the color.

Now that this is finished I'm itching to start another sweater!

No comments:

Post a Comment