Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Ten on Tuesday - The Movie Edition

Hello my dear readers!  I can't believe it's been 3 weeks since I last blogged.  I sincerely thought with my chemo ending, which also ended my 4-5 trips a week to the infusion center, that I would have all kinds of time to do the things I love, and that included blogging.  I think it's been a serious case of my eyes being bigger than my belly, so to speak, because as I've begun to feel better, and I DO, that I've enjoyed returning to my usual activities.  That is good news!

I have plenty to share with you!  There has been plenty of knitting, son #3's graduation, beginning the next steps of my treatment, and other fun stuff.  Today though I'm going to get back into the swing of things with a fun Ten on Tuesday.  This week's topic is

10 Movies You Can Watch Over and Over Again

In no particular order....

1. Apollo 13 - Love the cast, love the story, love the dedication of "Houston" to get them home.
2. A Few Good Men - Another movie with a great cast and some great lines that we quote embarrassingly often.  You can't handle the truth!
3. Fried Green Tomatoes - Great story of female friendship in both Idgy & Ruth, and Evelyn & Mrs. Threadgood.
4. Driving Miss Daisy - Ultimately another story of friendship.  The scene where Miss Daisy tells Hoke that he is her best friend melts my heart every time.
5. Elizabethtown - Orlando Bloom and Kirsten Dunst are perfect in this movie.  Honestly, I love this movie more each time I see it.  It's completely quirky, but I love it.
6. Scrooged - the one with Bill Murray.  We watch it as a family every year just before Christmas.  We all have our favorite lines.  Mine is the Ghost of Christmas Present "I'm so glad I wore my pretty dress"
7. It's a Wonderful Life - It's a holiday favorite of mine.
8. What About Bob? - Bill Murray and Richard Dreyfus at Lake Winnepesaukee.  Too funny!  If you haven't seen it, it's worth renting.
9. The Parent Trap - I like the remake with Lindsay Lohan and Dennis Quaid.
10. Forrest Gump - I can't pin down what it is about it I like best, but if it's on TV, I can't pass by it.

Some other notable favorites are Pretty Woman, Sleepless in Seattle, Miss Congeniality, Sweet Home Alabama, Sex & the City and various other "chick flicks".  Tell me what your favorite movie is!

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear you are feeling better! I like Parent Trap too - but the original version. I have it on cassette, but want to get it soon on DVD! I don't know if I've ever seen the movie Elizabeth Town. I'll have to check into it!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete