Monday, April 20, 2015

Cushing Isle

I have a new sweater and I'm so excited! Meet Cushing Isle.

The pattern is by Amy Herzog.  I do love her style and designs.  So many of them speak to me and quickly get added to my queue/wish list.
I bought the yarn for this sweater at the Make Wear Love Retreat last fall.  It is SuperBaa Worsted by Indigodragonfly and the color is In A World of Locked Rooms, The Man With the Key is King.

A couple notes to share about this sweater....

I did use the Custom Fit recipe for this sweater.  I think I may need to tweak my measurements a bit because I feel like it is a little big. I'll give it another wash and trip through the dryer to see if it snugs up a bit more before I decide.  This is a "relaxed fit" design and maybe I'm just happier with an "average" or "close" fit.  Only time will tell for certain, but in the meantime I've been wearing the living daylights out of it!  The yarn gets 2 big thumbs up.  Even with 6 or 7 wearings, the yarn is fuzzing a little bit, but it is not pilling.  It appears it's going to be a great all-purpose yarn.

The next note is that I learned the value of maintaining a clean edge!  I carried the patterning all the way to the edge, which meant that every 8 rows I had a cable cross at the edge.  Not sure what I was thinking other than "I'm so happy that this stitch pattern fits perfectly into the suggested number of stitches!"  Seaming was a little challenging with the cable cross.  Not impossible, but challenging.  Lesson learned.  I will now always be sure to have a knit stitch at each edge for easier seaming.
I found these really great buttons at my local yarn store to finish it off. Thanks Margot for the suggestion!  They are perfect with the stitch pattern!

I've finished swatching for my next sweater already and am ready to cast it on.  I'm also working on some socks.  I have a couple trips coming up over the next few weeks and want some easy portable projects to take with me.

Until next time, knit on my friends!

2 comments: