Monday, July 27, 2009

On track....... sort of

I finished my Fraggle Squiggle Socks! This was the May kit of the Rockin' Sock Club. I'm quite happy with how they turned out. They were a fun knit for me. The pattern wasn't difficult, but I did need to pay attention a bit. It was a change of pace for me and I really enjoyed it.Last post I mentioned that I had made a plan and was going to stick to it. First order of business was keeping up with Sock Club Kits. May RSC kit done, May Woolgirl Oz Club is under way. May Oz Club is "Over the Rainbow". The pattern is by Lisa Dykstra and the yarn is Zen String Lotus Toes in fingering weight. One of the things that encouraged me to sign up for this club is the opportunity to sample many different yarn brands. This is the first time I've used Zen String and it has a much finer feel to it when compared to the Socks That Rock which is my "go to" sock yarn. I have to say that it makes a very nice fabric! This is sock 1 and I need to move this back to priority 1, because the next Oz shipment should be shipping by the end of the month and I want to be caught up before it gets here. The next Oz Kit is Dorothy!
Now, this is where my plan took a detour. I went to Alabama last week to attend Orientation with Justin. I've been fighting a serious case of startitis and I was able to come up with at least 97 reasons why none of the WIP's I had made any sense to bring on my trip. Clearly I needed to start something entirely new. So I started Waving Lace Socks by Evelyn Clark using Claudia Handpainted fingering yarn.
Maybe I need a new plan. Finish 2 start 1? Finish 1 start 1? Or maybe just "start" whenever the mood strikes! LOL!

2 comments:

  1. that's how I do it - start whenever the mood strikes - that also goes for finish whenever the mood strikes so I may have a sock lingering round for a while, but it doesn't take as long then to finish another one to get a pair!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love your Fraggle socks!! I'm all for a few different types of socks on the needles (e.g., easy, thinking, must read chart)! I just can't have "too" many or I stress out (and afterall, its just knitting...not supposed to be too stressful!).

    ReplyDelete