Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Summer of Socks Begins

According to the calender it is summer. However I heard on the news this morning that the "Boston Area" has had 3 sunny days since May 1st. Yes, that's right, 3. I can count them on one hand. What this crappy weather has been good for though is knitting and reading. I've decided to focus most of my efforts on socks this summer so that I can have a nice new assortment to add to the mix for fall, and maybe knit a pair or two to set aside as Christmas gifts.

First up, I have finished a pair of Cottys. These were for the Q3 KAL for the Socks That Rawk! Group on Ravelry. I knit these out of STR mediumweight using the Typhoon Tina colorway. I love how well this colorway works with this pattern. In fact I loved this pattern so much, I'm sure I'll knit it again and again.

Now I need some goals for the rest of the summer, or else I could easily fill all my needles with different patterns and yarns and get nothing accomplished except overwhelming myself.
Goal 1 - Keep up with Sock Clubs. This is sock 1 of the May Rockin Sock Club. Sock 2 was cast on last night and is on it's way. I also have the January RSC kit to do. Honestly, I can't believe I haven't started it yet, because I love it. It must be the beads. I must make time to string the beads, then I will be ready to go. I also joined the Woolgirl Oz Club. The May kit, Over the Rainbow, is here, wound and ready to cast on.
Goal 2 - Finish any WIP's. I have this Hedgerow that needs a mate, Twilight from the Two at a Time book to finish, a pair of Twinkle Toes by Cookie A to finish, and a pair of Fritzy's Socks from Mountain Colors. There may be more, but this is what comes to mind for now.

That's seven pairs of socks! Once I get caught up on these, then I can dive into my long list of Wanna Knits. Plus the July clubs will be arriving in the next few weeks!

2 comments:

  1. Our summers are going to be quite similar! Socks socks socks!! I just love your Cotty socks! So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so good with your goals! Lately I've been doing my usual running from project to project (more mentally than physically...) and trying to figure out what to focus on! Only finished Queen of Beads from this years RSC. But I love the Cotty's so much that I keep planning more!

    ReplyDelete