Monday, February 15, 2010

A Very Sweet Day

Yesterday was Valentine's Day, and what did I do? Well, it was a Sunday in February so I was of course at the hockey rink. Two of them, in fact, because Chandler's team had two games yesterday. I am the Team Mom for his team and yesterday between games my 14 little sweethearts surprised me with this beautiful arrangement of roses! Those boys are so sweet and sure know how to make a girl feel special! Don't tell their friends, but they all gave me a hug too :-)
I finished Chandler's hat that I showed you last time. Apparently if you are 13 and play hockey for the Seacoast Spartans, these hats are high fashion! The whole team wants them. So I cast on hat #2 last night. My knitting partner is about to finish #3, and probably did last night. There's only 3 weeks left to the season so we better get busy!
I did cast on my February Lady Sweater Friday night during the opening ceremonies. I'm about an inch past the second button hole. The pattern calls for a one row button hole. I have to admit that they have been kicking my rear end, but I'm getting better at them and I don't have to rip them out 6 times to get one I'm happy with anymore. Yay!

Stay tuned, I hope to be into the lace portion of this sweater in a couple days!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww...what sweet boys!!! And a great team mom!! Look at you go with the hats AND the sweater!

    ReplyDelete