Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Cascadia

Ravelry is buzzing with talk of the Rockin' Sock Clubs' March shipment and I realized I forgot to show you January's! The color is Happy Go Lucky and I do have to say it is a color that makes me happy. The patterns for shipment are Flabella by Christina Bain and Cascadia by Sivia Harding. It was hard to choose which to do first, but I chose Cascadia.
I got a rare gem at the Blue Moon sale that it very similar to Happy Go Lucky and I decided to use it for Cascadia. I love the little bit of evergreen that peeks through in this skein and since Sivia told us that her design was inspired by the Cascade Mountain range, it seemed like a great fit. And I still have Happy Go Lucky to use for Flabella.

This is sock one, and I am close to starting the gussett increases.

And here it is beside the club skein. The colorways are so close! I feel like I won the lottery that I had a rare gem that is such a perfect fit for a club pattern!

The March kit is supposed to ship on Friday so it should be here around the middle of next week. The playlist is out and there is quite a bit of Irish music on it. I wonder if that means my friend Irishgirlieknits is one of the designers for this kit? She's so good at keeping secrets though that I know she won't even hint either way. I guess I'll just have to stalk the mailman next week and keep my fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. You are right-that rare gem is absolutely lovely and so perfect! I haven't even wound my Happy Go Lucky yet. Still working on Cottys, Blackbirds...and focused on A Little Something and gifts! Can't wait til you post our March kit-or I receive mine-whichever comes first!

    ReplyDelete