Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ten on Tuesday


10 Favorite Things To Do Outside

The way this weather is going this spring, it doesn't seem like it is every going to be enjoyable to be outside!  Regardless it is nice to get outdoors and enjoy. Here are some of the things I enjoy doing.

1. Watch the kids play sports. 
2. Putter in the garden.  I'm not a big gardener, but I do enjoy growing a some flowers in containers.  I tried growing some vegetable last year with very limited success, but I'm going to try it again this year.  Stay tuned!

3. Read.  An afternoon on the deck or by the lake with a book is a luxury.  I wish I was able to do it more often.

4. Eat.  We'll eat any meal outdoors if it's warm enough.  I'm not sure which I enjoy more, a good grilled steak and veggies for dinner or Sunday morning breakfast followed by a good cup of coffee and the Sunday paper.

5. Hanging out with friends.

6. Playing with the dogs.  I actually do this everyday because the Neal-the-troubled-brown-dog just plain needs that much exercise!
7. Walk.  Except during black fly season, which is right now.  I hate the black flies!

8. Knit.  I love knitting outdoors.  It very relaxing knitting on the deck.  Plus you just can't beat the natural light.

9. Go for a Boat ride, or as DH calls it... booze cruise :-)

10. Enjoy where I live!

Happy Tuesday!  What do you like to do outside?

3 comments:

  1. Neal looks like a VERY happy dog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list - I esp love #6, but we have a lot in common! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll sign up for number 2 and then enjoy nubmers 8, 5, and 4 at the same time. I'm smart like that.

    ReplyDelete