Thursday, July 21, 2011

Summer Wind

This is a perfect day to share my newest finished project.  It is a hot steamy summer day here in NH and we have a wonderful breeze blowing making the temperatures almost bearable.  So it seems like it's the perfect day to show you my finished Summer Wind!
Chandler was taking his friends tubing behind his little boat and there were too many of them to all go out together. While Holly was waiting for her turn in the boat, she was a good sport and agreed to model for me.  I love the look of this scarf either way you wear it.  Nice and long.....
and doubled up and cozy........
I really enjoyed this knit and I can see myself making it again to give as a gift!

Pattern: Summer Wind
Yarn: Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light
Color: Tart
Needle: US 5
Mods: I cast on for the larger size but knit the center panel for the smaller size. I was worried that I might run a bit short on yarn if I did the larger center.  That was probably a good call as I finished with a mere 9 grams of yarn leftover!  I bet if I'd used a US4 needle I would have had plenty of yarn.

I hope you're all enjoying your summer!

PS- 6 more sleeps until I leave for Sock Summit!  Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment