Sunday, January 15, 2012

Hello 2012!

I can't believe it's January 15th already! It seems like I have just finally taken breath to recover from the holidays and January is half over.  Now that everyone is back to school and work and all the usual craziness has resumed, I reviewed what I completed for 2011.  The final counts are:
  • 1 pair of mittens
  • 1 infinity cowl
  • 3 sweaters
  • 12 hats
  • 13 pairs of socks
According to my Knitmeter counter that translated to 9747 yards of yarn knit, which is 5.54 miles!

I would show you a collage of last years' projects but I got a new computer for Christmas and I'm still getting acquainted with it and moving files from the old one.  I made the big move from PC to Mac. I am loving my new MacBook, but I haven't figured it all out yet :-)

Looking back on last year's success has had me thinking about what I want to accomplish in 2012.  The big goals are:
  • 12 hats
  • 12 pairs of socks
  • 12 miscellaneous projects, which will include at least 2 cowls, at least 2 baby sweaters, at least 2 adult sweaters and at least 1 shawl.
  • Try at least 3 new yarns
  • Knit at least 6 miles of yarn
  • Have more yardage out than in over the course of the year.  Seriously, if I need to add even one more storage bin to my current collection, I don't think I will survive my family's teasing :-)

I'm off to a good start already.  These are a couple of the projects that I'm currently working on!

I hope you're enjoying the long weekend, and if you're in the US Northeast, STAY WARM!

No comments:

Post a Comment