Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

10 Favorite Soups

This week's prompt is 10 Favorite Soups.  What a great topic for this week as it seems that winter weather is finally settling in for NH.  There is a certain comfort that comes from a warm, filling hearty soup.  I have to admit that I am a great baker, but making soup is something that I wish I was better at.  Anyway, here are some of my favorites, as well as my family's favorites.

1. French Onion Soup. I have a hard time passing this up when it's on the menu in a restaurant.
2. Beef Stew.  I like it thick with lots of potatoes, peas and carrots in it.
3. Chicken and Dumplings.  I use my Mother-in-laws recipe.  Nothing fancy about it, but it's hearty and it smells so good while it's simmering.
4. Baked Potato Soup.  My family likes this recipe best.  Fair warning, it is really rich!
5. Chicken and Gnocchi Soup.  I've made this recipe a few times and shared it with friends who have also made it and loved it.  One of my friends asked me if it was as good as Olive Garden's.  I honestly don't know as I've not tried theirs.
6. Italian Wedding Soup.  I love the little meatballs in it :-)
7. Broccoli and Cheese Soup.  I have a great recipe from a school fund raiser cookbook.
8. Chicken Noodle Soup.  I love a good old-fashioned one with chunky veggies and lots of noodles.
9. Pasta Fagioli. I was introduced to this by my best girlfriend from college.  Her family is Italian and she has an old family recipe that is to die for. Some day I'm going to get it out of her!
10. Campbell's Tomato Soup.  I have to admit that this is total comfort food.  I like mine made with milk with Ritz crackers in it and a grilled cheese sandwich on the side :-)

What are your favorite soups?  If you have a recipe you'd like to share, I'd love to have it!  For more great ideas, visit Carole's blog and read some of the links of people participating.  There are a lot of great ideas!

1 comment:

  1. Great list! Store bought soup for me would have to be Heinz Tomato soup, yum! Homemade soup is Butternut soup, here is the recipe

    http://knittingnix.blogspot.com/2011/07/butternut-soup.html

    ReplyDelete