Ten on Tuesday
Considering that this is the first Ten on Tuesday of 2015, it makes perfect sense to think about what this new year will bring. What do we want it to be, what do we want to leave behind, what would we like to embrace? I hear people talk about Resolutions and what their big resolution is for the year. I kind of hate that word and won't make a resolution because, frankly, it makes me feel like a failure. I prefer to think about goals. A Goal seem more attainable to me, something that I can aspire to or work towards. A goal is an intention in progress. And so this week, I share with you, my
10 Goals for 2015
1. Blog at least twice each week. I'm trying to embrace the fact that I don't have to write a novel each time I blog, in fact short entries are often more enjoyable for both the writer and the reader.
2. Finish or Frog ALL of my current WiP's. It's time to thin the herd. This is not to say that at the end of the year I won't still have 18ish WiP's, but at least they will all represent my current interests.
3. Read 7500+ pages. I've been keeping track of the books I read on Goodreads and join the Reading Challenge each year. Although I completed more books in 2013 & 2014, I read more pages in 2012. This seems odd to me and I'm wondering if that it because I have been logging audio editions of the books I listen to?
4. Make at least 2 new recipes each month.
5. Improve my photography skills. Alright... GET some photography skills :-) DH signed me up for an online class for using my DSLR camera. I'm excited about it!
6. Utilize my Fitbit better and take more steps each week than the week before.
7. Schedule every bill to be paid when it arrives in the mail. Perhaps I won't hate paying bills as much if it isn't such a task once or twice a month.
8. Complete every KAL that I might join. Even if that means ripping it out if I decided I don't care for it part way through. (The yarn pictured above is what I'm using for the Jimmy Bean's Downton Abbey Mystery KAL)
9. Be more thoughtful and connected. By this I mean that I want to send more birthday cards, sympathy cards, care packages, Hi-I-was-just-thinking-about-you phone calls, etc.
10. Complete all 39.3 miles of the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. I'm walking this year with my sisters. It's the first time for all of us to participate. Doing something big like this is a Bucket List thing for me. As I am getting close to finishing my own treatment, it seemed like this was the right year to do it. I'm not going to lie, I'm a lot nervous about it! But I'm pretty sure I can do it!
So there it is, in black and white, for all the world to see. No pressure!! Haha :-) I sincerely hope that at the end of 2015 I can look back and truly feel accomplished!
If you'd like to read more, hop on over to Carole's Blog and see who else is playing this week.