Sunday, April 17, 2011

Clubs, Clubs, & more Clubs!

I've been on a self-imposed yarn diet for most of this year, hoping that I will be able to see lots of yarns in person at Sock Summit and be able to make some guilt free purchases there.  Even so, I have some additions to my stash that have arrived over the last few weeks that I'm excited about.  They are all for clubs that I am part of.

First up is some BFL Sport that I bought for Karren, the second sweater of the Sweater for All Seasons Club.  I chose Tanzanite for my sweater.  The yarn is actually sitting across the room from me right now and I'm realizing that this photo is washed out.  The color is darker and richer in real life.  I'm sure I'll get a better picture of the actual color once I start on the project.  I can't wait to try it.  I've heard great things about it but I haven't had the right project for it until now.
This next yarn is the March 2011 Rockin Sock Club yarn.  The color is Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test and electric it is!  Both patterns for this shipment are fantastic! I don't know how to choose which to do first. The designers are IrishgirlieKnits and NeuroKnitter.  If you follow their blogs like I do you know that they are both wonderful, inspiring people and knitters and I'm looking forward to knitting up their designs.
This next yarn I'm showing you is from the Cookie A April  Sock Club and this one is pretty fantastic.  The color is Boysenberry Jam.  The two patterns are amazing again.  I'd love to make them both but I'm sure time restrictions will require me to choose just one for now.
But the really fun thing about this yarn is that it is a Sneak Peak!  This is a new yarn base by Lorna's Laces that has not yet been released and we are getting a preview of it.  It is so new in fact, that it does not even have a name yet.  Lorna's Laces is holding a naming contest for it.  I wish I could think of something to enter, but so far, nothing comes to mind.
If you clicked on the picture to read the label you'll see that this yarn consists of 30% Outlast.  What is that?  It's a material developed by NASA to help regulate astronauts body temperature.  As I understand from reading the brief info included with the yarn, Lorna's Laces is hoping it will also work to help regulate the temperature of your feet.  I wonder if I'll notice a difference?

That's all my new yarn for now! 

1 comment:

  1. Or your shoulders if you choose to knit a shawl with it (which is what I always end up doing with sock yarn). I'll probably have to buy a skein of that luscious purply jam colorway just to find out...

    ReplyDelete