Monday, October 10, 2011

Fall Foliage - part 1

I live in NH and I have heard many times that the foliage here has a brilliance that is not matched anywhere else in the country, perhaps even the world.  I find that hard to believe, but I really don't know for sure.  Therefore I thought it might be fun to share some pictures here on the old blog for my friends around the country, and world, to enjoy.

The color is really just starting now, and it is considered "early" by the local meteorolgist.  I'm going to share some pictures from different days over the next couple weeks so you can all see how it changes.  Enjoy!

This is the view from my deck right now.  Sucks to be me, huh? :-)
I can never remember what this bush is called, but it gives the most vibrant red every year.  It's part of a landscape fence between my yard and my neighbor's yard.
I am the first lot in a cove and this is looking into the cove.  There was a loon family that nested in here last summer.
This is from my waterfront looking out over the main lake.
There are a couple small islands in front of my house as well.  This is the view between the islands.
Somebody asked me this weekend if I live on the lake year round.  Yes.  Yes I do.  I'm so glad I don't miss this incredible beauty anymore.  I'll post some more pictures later in the week so you can enjoy the change with me!

2 comments:

  1. Love! Love! Love. I would just sit and knit there next to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a burning bush! Beautiful place to be in life!

    ReplyDelete