Thursday, October 13, 2011

Hats!

I have been waiting to share with you a couple of fantastic hats that I test knit for Irish Girlie Knits.  Now that they have both been released, I'm going to gush about them!

First, let me show you Dear Baby Francis.  So, so sweet!  This is a beautifully cabled and ribbed hat that will be fantastic for a special baby boy.  My niece is expecting baby #2 in early January, and this adorable hat will be going into the mail soon for her sweet boy.  The pattern is written for 3-6 months, and 6-9 months sizes, and uses either fingering or sport weight yarn. I knit my sample with Bugga and the color is Long Horned Beetle.  The pattern also has matching socks!  This is a quick knit too.  I made the hat in two evenings while watching TV.

The second hat I knit for Carrie is Fine Fella.  It is the adult version of Dear Baby Francis and a companion piece to the Uncle Frank socks.  This hat has the same rich cables and ribbing design as the baby hat.  I used Madelinetosh Tosh Vintage in the color Tern for my test knit.  It's a wonderful yarn and has a very full body to it.  This will be a wonderfully warm hat!

I love how the crown decreases are worked.  The top of the hat is a gorgeous design by itself, and I have to say that my pictures don't do it justice!

If you love this hat and want to add it to your library, Carrie is offering it at a reduced price until Monday October 17.  I'll be camped out on my computer today at Noon eastern time for the Plucky Knitter update hoping to score some Primo worsted for another one.  And maybe some MCN aran too for a Comfort Food cowl.  It just might be a IGK/Plucky Christmas for my family this year!

2 comments:

  1. Awww! Thank you so much for test knitting! So glad you enjoyed the patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful, you did a great job on them!

    ReplyDelete