Wednesday, March 28, 2012

WiP Wednesday

I think this post should really be titled WiP Wednesday - The Blue Edition or maybe WiP Wednesday - One of these Things is not Like the Others.  I knew I was leaning toward a lot of blue lately, but WOW!  When you put it all beside each other, there's really no escaping it :-)

I had a little more startitis over the weekend and cast on another sock project.  This is Firestarter by Yarnissima.  I'm using it for the SKA cable challenge.  The cables aren't a big challenge for me, but toe up is.  Getting a good fit is always a challenge for me.  I'm hoping this one works out.
I've gotten a couple pattern repeats completed on my Clandestine socks.  I keep waffling between finishing or frogging with this one.  I've loved the look of the finished sock since it was first released, but I'm not really enjoying the knitting this one.  I'm not really sure why.  Maybe it's the twisted stitches?  I don't know, but I'll probably stick with it though because I do love the look of the sock when it's finished.
I've gotten a start on clue #2 of the mystery sock.  Clue #3 came out today so I have some catching up to do with this one.
Now for the sweaters.... This is the first sleeve of Que Sera.  I have about 10 inches done so far.  I'm really enjoying the pattern and I have to say that projects at this gauge move along nicely!
Finally, something that's not blue!  Vodka Gimlet sweater, which is my car knitting.  I'm almost ready to separate the sleeves from the body.  I feel like that's a milestone in a top down sweater and that the rest of the body goes so much quicker.  There are so many stitches though right now that it takes me about an hour to complete 4 rows.  And I'm still adding stitches...
The biggest challenge for me right now is deciding which project to work on when I get a chance to sit and knit for a bit!  Tell me what you think.  Which of these is your favorite?

1 comment:

  1. Vodka Gimlet! I can't finish my sweaters!! I'm just focusing on 2 different socks at the moment but in 3 days, it's time to CAST ON!!

    ReplyDelete