Sunday, October 28, 2012

Girl on Fire

I only have one pair of finished socks for October and it is a pair that I started in September to participate in 3 KAL's.  I missed the deadline for The Cookie Crumbs group, but I finished in time for the Hazel Knits group which was a designer challenge, and Sock Knitter's Anonymous which was a technique challenge.  The technique was for everybody to knit with the same color and the color selected was red.

The designer challenge was any pattern by Rose Hiver.  I chose Katniss, a pattern inspired by the heroine of The Hunger Games books.  Katniss always wears her hair in a braid and this pattern features a braided cable on the front and back.  It also has a great ribbed gusset that I really enjoyed doing.


The Details:
Pattern: Katniss by Rose Hiver
Yarn: Hazel Knits Artisan Sock, color Barn Door
Needle: 2.25mm
Mods: None

Now I'm getting settled in for Hurricane Sandy.  I've been to the store and stocked up on food that I can prepare without needing to use the oven.  The generator is out and checked, and gas has been purchased for it.  Hopefully we won't need it, but where I live if the power goes out for weather related reasons, it's out for at least 3 days.  The only thing left to do now is knit!  If you're on the east coast too, I hope you're all settled in too and that you'll be safe!


No comments:

Post a Comment