Saturday, February 8, 2014

Ambitions

The Olympics started yesterday, so you know what that means.... Knitting with some Olympic sized ambition!  I love joining in for all the fun and I know that my goals are very ambitious.  In fact even I recognize that they are a big bucket of crazy.  That's not stopping me from having some fun though.  I joined 3 teams this year.  See? Crazy!

The first team is TeamPlucky.  I am acquiring quite a collection of Plucky yarns, and most of them have a project in mind for them.  For the Ravellenic Games I'm going to attempt an Avery Cowl with the pink yarn on the left (it's MCN Aran in Bashful and sadly a discontinued base) and a Lazy Jacks Hat with the yarn on the right, which is Primo Aran in the November Plucky Fellas color Random Task.  I cast the hat on during the opening ceremony.
I'm also knitting for TeamSpinningYarns, although I'm not sure we got officially signed up in the Ravellenic 2014 group.  Anyway, I plan to finish the Make Mine Strawberry sweater for my niece. I just have the sleeves and button band to do! I'm also hoping to make Bird in Hand mittens with the red and white Ultra Alpaca.
The 3rd team is TeamHazelKnuts.  I have some WiP's I want to finish.  Left to right they are my TTL Mystery Socks, Spock Socks, and a Color Affection shawl.  The shawl will be my traveling around project as it's lots and lots of garter stitch!  It is perfect for watching hockey games and riding in the car.
So that's 7 projects in 16 days.  Yeah, that's a big bucket of crazy!  Who knows what I'll get accomplished.  But there is one thing I know for sure and that is that you fail at 100% of the things you don't try.  I'm going to tackle this with an Olympic sized attitude and go for GOLD!

1 comment: