Thursday, March 31, 2011

Where the Heck are all my Needles????

You can probably picture the scene.  It's the end of the month and I'm wrapping up a couple of projects and thinking and planning about all the KAL's I want to join in April.  Knit Sock Love is knitting Mona, the Socks That Rawk group has chosen Breaking Hearts for their KAL, the Yarn Harlot group is having Virtual Sock Camp for everyone wishing they were at real Sock Camp, and my friend KnittingGolfer is the designer for the Solid Socks group Mystery sock KAL.  I'm picking out yarn for all these projects, figuring out where I can double dip, collecting my supplies and realizing I don't have enough needles.

Wait a minute here.  What?  That's not possible.  I have at least 3 needles in every size for socks.  So where the heck are they?????

Here's one.....
and a second one.......
and a third........
I might need a new plan.  This makes 4 socks already in progress, and only the pink one at the bottom here is a second sock.  And I can think of 3 single socks that have been waiting quite some time for their mate to be knit.  Genki mentioned a few days ago that she suffers from severe second sock syndrome.  Well, you're in good company my friend.  It would appear that sometimes I can't even finish the first sock!

2 comments:

  1. Well, I'm glad to see evidence that I'm not the only one.

    I could enable you with the tip that lack of needles never stops me, I just put the live stitches on waste yarn or a couple of DPNs, and cast on again for the exciting new project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I'd say finish that top one, you look pretty close ;)

    ReplyDelete