Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

10 Things I am Thankful For

This week as we all prepared to celebrate Thanksgiving, we were asked to think about the things that we are thankful for.  I know I live a very blesssed life, so in no particular order here are some of the things that i am thankful for.

1. My Husband.  Tom and I have been married for 26 years and I am thankful to have him for my partner.  He tells me he loves me every day, I can see how much he loves our boys, and he works hard for our family so that we can have everything that we need. He also works hard to be a good example of what a strong, good, caring and responsible man is for our sons.

2. Matthew, who is son #1.  I honestly don't know if I know another person on this earth who has the kind and open heart of my first born son.  He has such a gift for caring and kindness and is so steadfast in his core beliefs, that he amazes me.  He continues to grow into wonderful man.  I am proud to be his mother.

3. Justin, who is son #2. He is the most self-confident of my boys and determined.  He will set a goal and work towards it with unfailing faith.  And yet he can shock me to my core with how sensitive he is and his willingness and ability to help someone in need.  I know he has that in him, but he doesn't like to show it to many people.  I am proud to be his mother too :-)


4. Chandler, who is son #3.  Someone once told me when I was pregnant with him, that the 3rd born is the family clown.  They were right.  He may not be outwardly and outright funny, but he has the best sense of humor, and at the most unsuspecting times.  He makes me laugh pretty much every day and appreciate life.  Again, I am a proud mom.

5. My siblings.  We don't spend as much time together as I'd like to, but I love them all dearly.

6. My parents. They have had some health issues over the past few years, but they are still with us.  I know someday they will be gone, but for now I am thankful to know that I can pick up the phone or drop by the house any time I want to.

7. My home. I don't even know how to describe it.  I live in a lovely house, I can't deny that, but to me it is so much more.  It's where the people I love are, and it is filled with things that were made for us by someone who loves us, or passed along to us by someone who loved us.  Together, it's home.

8. My dogs, Neal and Emma.  No one loves you like your dog :-)  Plus they are great companions!

9. My friends.  I have great friends. Some I have known forever, some for only a short time.  Each one is dear to me and I am a better and lucky person for what they share of themselves with me.

10. My knitting.  I am thankful that I have found a hobby that I enjoy so much.  It excites me and calms me at the same time.  Many of my friends I have met because of this shared passion.  And I can make cool stuff!

What are some of the things you are thankful for?

1 comment: