Monday, July 9, 2012

Redbud

It seems like it's been forever, but I finally have finished socks that I can actually share!  May I present Redbud by Linda Welch.  This was the sock pattern from the March Rockin Sock Club shipment.  I have to admit that I had a hard time deciding between the socks and the other option, which was a shawlette, Perennial by Debbi Stone.  I love both patterns, but I thought I would wear the socks more than the shawlette, and also I think I'd like the shawl better in a more solid color.
The sock starts with a picot edge and then transitions into a lattice looking weave.
The leg has a lovely lace column
which then transitions into a patterned heel flap.
The lace columns then continue down the foot.
All together it's a beautiful sock!

The details:
Pattern: Redbud by Linda Welch
Yarn: STR mediumweight in Budding Twig
needles: 2.25mm
CO: April 23
BO: July 8
Mods: none! Although if I were to make these again I would either make them one size smaller or use lightweight yarn instead.  As written these are just a bit bigger than I normally like.

I almost forgot, I decided to sign up for the 26 Pair Plunge on Ravelry.  The new year started July 1st.  This is pair 1 of 26.  I'm hoping this will help me with my more-yardage-out-than-in goal for the year :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment