Monday, August 13, 2012

Olympic Recap

All the events are done, the last of the medals have been awarded, the flame has been extinguished, and the athletes are traveling home.  I have to admit that I enjoyed the Olympics this summer more than I expected to. Well done London, well done!  The Opening Ceremony was fantastic and the Closing Ceremony was fun.  I loved the cycling, swimming, diving, rowing, water polo, and both hard court and beach volleyball.  I'll even admit that I cried when Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh Jennings received their 3rd Gold Medal!

As for the knitting, as usual I set my goals pretty high!  I really shouldn't be surprised or disappointed that I didn't finish all that I hoped to finish.  What I did get done is the Raven Swirl socks and I was just shy of starting the heel flap on the Queen of Beads sock.  I also finished both sleeves for my Que Sera sweater and 8 inches of the body.  The sweater calls for 8 skeins of yarn and I am 2 rows from joining the 5th skein, so I'm going to call it 50%.   All total I figure I knit about 1000 yds!  Not too shabby!
How about you?  Did you meet your goal?  What was your favorite part of the Olympics this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment